Friday, April 6, 2012

On the way!




Arrived in Auckland after the first leg of the long journey to the UK. David, Galye, Eilidh and Roger were there at the airport in Christchurch to say farewell!
The flight from Christchurch left about 10 past 8 this evening and we arrived in Auckland about 9.15pm. Good flight but a little bumpy just as we were getting closer to Auckland.
Off the plane quickly as we were sitting in the front row seats. Quick transfer to the international terminal as the bus arrived just as we came out the door. Straight through immigration with electronic passports and no waiting at security, although I did have to go through twice as I forgot that my phone was in my pocket!!
Arrived at the Koru lounge after buying some new headphones in duty free and checked in. The lady asked if I had a guest - Suzanne was a bit miffed!!!
Settled down for a wait of about another hour before boarding. The rugby is on and can see it in the distance - the Reds are playing the Brumbies.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the trip started well. I hope the flights on the way to the UK go OK as well. Didi and I were jolted awake late last night by a 4.2 out at Rolleston. Otherwise had a good sleep. Sunny and warm again today, but with a stronhg wind. Take care.

    ReplyDelete